Suffolk place-names course
On 2012-11-10 I gave a one-day course on the history of Suffolk place-names at Wuffing Education.
Also available here is the pdf of my 10-page handout giving the elements making up each Suffolk parish name (Welnetham was missing from the handout on the day; this is now fixed).
Click here for a webpage with reference material on Suffolk parish names.
some positive feedback: what was best about the day?
- Wonderful day — thanks
- Good resources
- Wealth of information
- Like standing on a hill looking at a deep valley that could be explored (if only one had time)
- The collections of word ‘units’ which is extremely complete and concise and which will be very useful for the future
- Very interesting topic and targeted at Suffolk. Excellent
- The speaker's depth of knowledge
- Lecturer's knowledge
- Some excellent specific stuff, illustrating certain theses
- Very methodical and careful approach of the speaker
- Variety of topics
- All good
- It might have been a crowded schedule but it left a lot for us to follow up. Better too much than too little.
some negative feedback
... mostly concerned a few technical points like readability of names on maps. These will be attended to if the course is repeated.